SAFETY, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND ENVIROMENT TOPIC – JANUARY/2020
– Success is what everyone wants to achieve in life regardless of the field. So, the question is how to be successful and be a leader in your work?
– Each of us was born to win, impress and inspire. But why there are people who are brave and wise, always up to higher standards. On the other hand, there are those who live in a “safe zone” forever?
– So how do we get out of the “safe zone” and get rid of the average? Here are some of the life notions of those who always rise above life in pursuit of great goals:
– Obviously, most of those who have the breakthrough concept will succeed, live a fuller and happier life than those who understand the average level, let’s study the reason for them to be different and successful by the information below.
What is the risk of “ Safe zone”?
– There is a story about a land of birds born with a large wingspan, but never taking off the ground. Because the land was rich, they only need to eat foods on land, and their wings made it difficult and hard to move. No one shows them how to fly or makes them realize that wings are what will help them fly higher, go further with a wider vision.
– Then one day, a catastrophe struck, with the size and the vastness of their wings, so their fate will probably end here. In the school, then, there was a strong bird spreading its dive wings out from the craggy cliff. The wind lifted in a huge way, pulling it away from the ground and the flood, rising to the sky.
– From there, other birds learn to find a way out of the oncoming disaster. Gradually over time, only a few birds could not fly, the rest could fly proficiently in the sky. Safe zone is where we feel secured and peaceful by the stability of the things available.
Do not dare to step out of the “safe zone”, you are making your own life fading: Selecting comfort and stability is to accept ordinary and eternal life without the chance to succeed.
– So we have to get out of our safe zone quickly, take action now. We always think that escaping from a safe zone is to do big things, make decisions for your destiny, sometimes it’s just simple to say love to those around us, change a habit, working way, the way home or take on a new assignment, etc.
– Only when stepping out, we have the opportunity to explore our inherent potentials, thereby seeking happiness and fulfillment in life.
What is breakthrough thinking?
– To get out of a safe zone, we first need to change our minds.
– Most of our minds are still in a safe zone and we cannot escape patterns that have been molded into our brains before, so we must learn to think breakthrough.
– Breakthrough thinking is seen as an essential skill in life today. And to have breakthrough thinking is not just born to have.
Hành trình thoát khỏi “vùng an toàn”
– From his research and testing, author Jonah Sachs of the book “Unsafe Thinking” has drawn the routes to escape from a safe zone, summarized as follows:
– You should consider your change of mindset as a battle with ourselves, forcing us to have the courage to face and dare to change. The foundation of courage is the necessary foundation to take the first steps on the journey of breakthrough thinking.
So how to train courage?
- Look for less exciting moments: When less excited we will be able to be creative at a higher level. When we are agitated, it seems that the ability to create and breakthrough from our brain will become inferior.
- Accept anxiety as part of the journey: When we avoid situations, we become more anxious. Instead, the anxiety about the difficulty which are viewed as the opportunity is more suggestive of your imagination.
– Look for situations that push you out of the safe zone. Pay attention to your feeling when you experience that. By carefully observing how you respond, you may find this experience more valuable and perhaps more enjoyable than the easy, comfortable things before.
– Reimagining fear is the fuel of creativity: Sometimes fear is a sign which helps you have a bang of creativity.
– We need the energy to sustain the test and challenge with new ways of doing business. What are the things to keep in mind?
- Use the power of motivation to stay energized: We should focus our attention on the intrinsic motivation, or what we love, which is the source of deep creative energy existing in each of us.
- Put yourself in the flow: A flow occurs when we know ourselves trying to achieve something, our level or skill is equal to or less than the level of challenge and regular feedback. Then you will find inner motivation.
- For effective distraction with yourself: Unconscious distraction will kill our creativity. And so the distraction needed to make them effectively, create your endless source of creativity like Da Vinci, create the magic of a leisurely walk on the streets in Venice.
– How can we gain an advantage in our professional mindset while being nimble at the same time learning more from new people?
- Take time to put you in the position of a beginner: When you are in the position of a beginner, it requires you to start from scratch, thinking from the beginning and prejudices will be broken. Then you will have creativity.
- Do not try to be like an expert: When you appear to be an expert, you are more likely to make mistakes and you will no longer want to learn anything. So being humble will give you an edge.
- Take time to make important decisions for as long as possible: When we make decisions quickly, it’s clear that we always freeze on that.
– How do we know the power, intuitive limits and advantages of counterintuitive ideas?
- Pay attention to your intuition: Often we do not value intuition but it is very necessary. Feel more about your ideas, you will certainly be more inspired.
- Do not blindly believe in intuition, because it is right but it is also wrong. So we must know how to test our intuition and not always trust our intuition completely.
Always check your intuition, because they are easily affected by the wrong way of thinking.
- Breaking down our own prejudices: The combination of intuition and analytical mind can help us overcome our own prejudices and detect extraordinary breakthroughs.
- Accept confusing and unreasonable things: Sometimes there are things we do not have answers about them. Clinging too long is not a sure way to help us think better. But please accept and have open-mindedness is a special solution.
– Here are a few helpful things and will help you a lot in your life.
- Practicing disobedience: Excessive compliance will limit creativity, but disregarding without consideration is unwise.
When you encounter rules that limit your creativity, first suggest changing them and if that doesn’t work, openly share your intention to break that rule. Others will appreciate you for that. Design your rebellion to maximize benefits for others, and then you’re most likely to be forgiven.
- Teach disobedience to others: Reducing unproductive rules unleashes creativity. And the way you tell them stories of people who are out of bounds helps them know how to work effectively.
- Finding different allies: We will quickly find creativity, develop cognitive abilities and find hidden solutions when we stay with people who do not have the same ideas.
– Here are some skills to work with others and overcome social pressure that is always against the leadership.
- Resisting hasty consensus: Instead of acclaiming, exaggerating and concluding with a safe mindset from the supporting group, we can resist and voice our point of view. Not accepting means our minds will be more creative.
– If you’re a leader, keep in mind that the default mindset will go away if the leaders listen to others first and everyone expresses their views.
- Safety of risk: Safety does not limit creativity. You probably won’t feel safe choosing a risk. Safety sometimes enhances creativity. Some refinements can also stimulate creativity.
- Not only recognize success but also encourage risk: Directly encourage smart activity, identify failures or ask intelligent questions. This will help divert the groups away from the conservative approach. Allow them to engage in things they haven’t discovered.
– Above are some general ideas about successful breakthrough thinking that will be helpful for everyone in work and life.
SAFETY DEPARTMENT WISH ALL COLLEAGES A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR WITH FULL OF ENGERGY!
By: Phuoc Thanh Safety Department